My Favorite Books

Are you a reader? Do you like to read self-help books, memoirs, fiction, novels, or education books? Or maybe you're more of a podcast person? Or you like to listen to audiobooks!

Whatever your ''thing'' is, there's always a way to surround ourselves with positive influences that affect us on a daily basis.

Reading is my self-care. I love it for personal growth and development and also just to read a good book.

I used to read a lot of fiction novels growing up and although there is nothing wrong with that, it came to a point where it was starting to affect me in a negative way. I would emotionally lose myself in a book, which I do not believe was a healthy thing for me.

There are so many things you can learn with books. Nowadays we also have youtube to go to for fast, easy help, but I still love a good book. I'm a big fan of the library and I have no intention of letting that change!

I wanted to share with you 5 of my most recent favorites.

The Polygamist's Daughter by Anna LeBaron

This book is absolutely amazing!! It is sad and wonderful all at the same time. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who loves reading a good memoir.

The Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge

This is another memoir and ahh it hit me hard so many times. It's amazing!! It puts a lot of things into perspective and I really enjoyed it.

Get Over Your Damn Self by Romi Neustadt

This book is a network marketing book, but I totally believe that anyone could benefit from reading it. It helped me to move past what other people think and just DO. IT. Whatever the ''it'' is.

I found it very motivating and encouraging. It has been a great tool in helping me shift my negative perspective to a positive one. I LOVE this book! It was my first book of 2020 and I'm SO grateful I reached for it.

Rising Strong by Brené Brown

I have read most of Brené Brown's books up to this point and I think this one is my favorite (so far anyway). Everyone falls down and has hard moments, so how do we get back up again and keep on moving forward?

She addresses how to ''Rise Strong'' after you have fallen down.
------------------------------------------------------------------
So these next two books I have not read yet, but they are on my list. One just came out in the fall and the other won't be out until April 2020.

To Hell With the Hustle by Jefferson Bethke

I have been really interested in learning more about being intentional with my time because the last thing I want is to burn out or feel overwhelmed.

Feeling overwhelmed is something I am VERY familiar with; therefore, I am implementing ways to deal with these feelings in a healthy way when they arise.

I heard about this book on Behind the Scenes Podcast by Jeremy and Audrey Roloff (HIGHLY recommend this podcast, by the way!) when they were interviewing Jefferson Bethke (episode 59). After listening to the interview, I knew I had to add it to my list of books to read! I can't wait to dive into this one!!

Love Without Borders by Angela Braniff

I am SO excited for this book to come out in April, you guys!! I have been following Angela on Instagram and Youtube for a couple years now and she is so inspiring. I love her and her family.

Angela and her sister, Ashleigh, also did a little video/podcast series called The Sister Show and it was amazing. Every. Single. Thing. About. It. 

You should seriously check her out! You won't regret it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, there you have it. Here are some book suggestions for all you book worms out there. Even if you are not a book reader, I highly suggest finding something you enjoy doing for some much needed rest and relaxation! Because we ALL need some R&R time in our life!

What are your favorite books?

Comments

Popular Posts