Creating a Positive Mindset: 5 Things I've Changed

I started my wellness journey 2 years ago now, but it wasn't until a few months ago (right after Christmas) that I realized I needed to make some changes. Starting this blog was a huge thing for me and it unleashed all these other things at the same time!

One of the BIGGEST changes I've made is my mindset. I have heard over and over again that in order to run a successful business you HAVE to do mindset work. I never really understood the significance of this until I started myself.

Now, this isn't about my business, it's about my everyday life. Like the way I interpret situations or the way I respond to frustrating circumstances or the way I talk to my husband when he asks me a question I feel like I've had to answer AT LEAST ten times.

This mindset works looks different for everyone. I can recommend podcasts + books all day every day and that might just not work for you. Finding something that works for YOU is number one. I will share below, 5 different things I've changed in my life and you are free to give them a try, but do what works for you! Try things I haven't tried and do what feels right for YOU.

I remember mentioning to my husband a few weeks ago how I had never truly realized how negative I was. I think we all have a tendency to automatically think negatively, which is why mindset work is so important for shifting that perspective to a POSITIVE one.

Now I don't want to talk about what's going on the world right now with this pandemic, but the majority of what you see on social media and the news is ALL negative!! No thank you!! I am not naive to the reality of our situation and I realize that I REALLY need to work hard on feeding my mind positivity during these challenging times.

If I was to choose to read every news article and spend my time talking about this statistic or that one I would be exhausted and soo scared! That's not what I want for myself. My physical, mental, + emotional health matter too much to me.

So here are 5 things I have changed in my daily routine that have made such a big difference in my day-to-day life!

GRATITUDE JOURNAL

I shared on my social media a few weeks ago that I bought a gratitude journal. I have been writing in it every day or every other day and having to think of something to write down during the day makes me notice the small stuff. I also have the chance to journal about whatever is on my mind at the time.

I would recommend this to anyone! There is so much evidence and research to suggest that gratitude is one of the missing links when it comes to mindset and positivity. It is SO important and writing it down is a great way to get you thinking about it regularly!

COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR PARTNER

So yes, this sounds SO obvious and like shouldn't we all be doing that?!? Yes, I think we should. And after almost 4 years of being married and 10 years of being together, this is something my husband and I STILL struggle with.


I think coming up with a plan to sit down with no distractions and talk about whatever needs to be talked about is key. We have implemented a new little system in our daily lives that follow those guidelines and it has truly made such a big difference.

I no longer go to bed feeling anxious because I didn't get the chance to share something that happened on social media or whatever the situation is. It has also deepened our relationship and it has helped my mindset a lot! I highly recommend doing this.


COMMUNITY

My Young Living community is worth SO much to me and after two years, I'm just starting to fully understand how meaningful it is. Having people that understand what you are going through and can say ''girl, ME TOO'' is so important.

Also, having a couple friends that you can ALWAYS reach out to no matter what is necessary for growth. I could do a whole blog post on this in itself, but I'll keep it short for now. Friendships change and shift over time and that's NORMAL and very much so okay, but having someone to go to in whatever stage of life I'm in has been so amazing and helpful!

SELF-CARE
One of my fav podcasts right now

I know some people aren't a fan of this term, so call it whatever the heck you want just TAKE CARE OF YOU!! That's all this means. For myself, that means voicing to my husband, I need 30 minutes by myself to do x, y, or z.

I also LOVE taking showers without the feeling that my baby might wake up or need me at any time. It's so relaxing and always gets my day started on the right foot. I also believe in moving your body. This looks different for everyone. I just recently started doing some yoga (with the help of my good friend, Youtube!!) and it's been really eye-opening.

Yoga is relaxing + calming, it's good for the mind, and it's a great form of exercise. I've been REALLY enjoying it! Way more than I expected. It's also a way to let go of the negativity and only allow positivity to come in! I really love it!

RESOURCES

Find yourself some books, podcasts, videos, whatever it is to guide and help you along the way. Sometimes we need to hear the truth from someone else. Or we need help. There are a TON of resources out there, so try a new podcast or a new book and start there!

Ask people in your community for some suggestions if you don't know where to start! If you know me at all you definitely know that I am a HUGE Brené Brown fan and I always recommend starting with her books. They are all amazing and so life-changing!

I am also trying to decrease my screen time and replace it with some reading or a good podcast. Also practicing intentional screen time (aka no mindless scrolling) has been another part of this journey.

This whole process is a lifelong commitment and I am SO excited to see where I end up in the next 3-5 years!

So those are 5 things that I have implemented in my day to day routine! If you have tried something else, PLEASE share it with me. I want to help each other out. We are all on our own individual journeys, yet we're in this together at the same time.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts