Maintain Your Oral Health Naturally

Did you know that fluoride is used to kill insects? And we are encouraged to brush our TEETH with toothpaste containing fluoride!! AND use it with our kids?? No thanks.

I do not think fluoride is necessary to use in order to have healthy teeth. And yes I will be that mom that refuses the fluoride rinse for herself and her kids. I'm okay with that because I am very confident that I'm using a much better alternative!

When I first started using Young Living Essential Oils, I really wanted to try the toothpaste. More so, because I wanted my husband, Dan, to try it as well.

He has always struggled with his teeth. He's had more fillings than I can count and he's always had a really hard time with sensitivity. It got really bad a couple years ago where he couldn't eat certain things because it hurt so much.

The dental hygenist recommended he start using Sensodyne along with a fluoride filled mouthwash. I wasn't too keen on this, as you can imagine. So right away I went to work and did some research!

We both started using Young Living's Toothpaste, which includes the pure power of Thieves Essential Oil. And I started making our own mouthwash (recipe below) and the results we witnessed were unbelievable!

Dan no longer struggles with sensitivity and his last three dentist visits have all been AH-MAZING! He has been asked a couple of times if he drinks coffee/tea because there's no staining on his teeth. And guess what?? He drinks BOTH! Every. Single. Day. 

Neither of us has had any fillings since before we made the switch and we have both been told that we don't have much buildup on our teeth. This has affected us in such a positive way, it's incredible.

Who said you need fluoride to have healthy teeth and good oral hygiene? Let me tell you.. YOU. DO. NOT.

I hope this empowers you to do your own research and not do something just because you were told to. I think Dentists and Dental Hygienists are amazing and just because they recommend something doesn't mean that's what is best for you and your family.

Okay! So now for my mouthwash recipe. It is SO easy you're not going to believe it. Here it is!

EASY Natural DIY Mouthwash

1 cup distilled water
1 tsp pure (aluminum-free) baking soda
2 drops Thieves Vitality Essential Oil
2 drops Peppermint+ Essential Oil

I mix everything in a big jar (I make about 4x this recipe so it lasts us a couple weeks) and we keep it in our bathroom drawer. Gently mix it before using and that's it! Super simple. Great for your budget as well!

So every night we brush our teeth with Thieves Toothpaste (a very small amount is needed) and then floss with Thieves floss and rinse with this DIY mouthwash. Our teeth and oral health has never been better!

Now it's your turn! Go give it a try! And if you'd like to try the Young Living Thieves Toothpaste... I can hook you up! :)

Comments

Popular Posts