DIY Natural Deodorant

Conventional deodorants on the market today, contain so many different damaging ingredients. One of those being, aluminum, which has been linked to breast cancer in women. Scary stuff!!

And, as we know cancer is on the rise right now and my mission is to help individuals and families make the change to decrease the likelihood of this terrible disease affecting them. We all know someone that it has affected and it is truly devastating.

Okay, enough with that. My purpose isn't to scare anyone, I just want to bring awareness to the major issue at hand. Where ever you are at in your life, it is never too late to start making small changes. Remember that small changes lead to big changes!

In this blog post, I want to talk to you about my little journey to finding a natural SAFE deodorant that actually works!! And it doesn't have any of the yucky stuff my Lady Speed Stick had in it.

Invisible Lady Speed Stick Ingredients (two major red
flags: PARFUM + ALUMINUM)
I tried a few natural deodorants and I honestly don't even remember the names of them or what brands they were. All I know is NONE of them worked! It was so frustrating. I kept going back to my Lady Speed Stick because well... No one wants to smell bad!

It became very frustrating and I was beginning to think it was impossible to find a natural deodorant that worked well. Then came my introduction to essential oils!!

Two years ago, in March, I ordered my Starter Kit and I can remember finding this deodorant recipe that was labelled ''Best Deodorant Ever''. I was very skeptical AND I gave it a try. Boy oh boy was I ever in for a surprise!!

This stuff was not only SUPER easy to make, but it actually worked!! And one recipe lasted me months! Now my next challenge was to try and see if Dan (my husband) would make the switch. I knew that if this deodorant worked for him, it would work for anyone!

I slowly got him to start trying it and soon enough he was hooked! I was pleasantly surprised that he not only liked it and kept using it, but it was also working for him too!

So now, here's the long-awaited recipe and the directions on how to make the BEST DEODORANT EVERRR!

DIY Natural Deodorant

1/4 cup Shea Butter
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Baking Soda (ALUMINUM-FREE)
2 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
10 Drops Purification Essential Oil
10 Drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil

1. Melt the shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. I use a small pot with water in it and then a medium pot on top. It ensures that the coconut oil and shea butter melt and don't burn.

2. Once they are melted together, pour into a medium size mixing bowl and let cool.

3. After it is cooled down, place in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the edges start to harden.

4. Use a hand mixer to whip the mixture.

5. Add in baking soda and arrowroot powder and mix again with a hand mixer.

NOTE: Some individuals have experienced irritation in their armpits after using this deodorant. This can be caused by a number of different things. Detoxification is one of them. It could also be due to your baking soda not being aluminum-free. I went through a small period where my skin was getting a little irritated. I would use deodorant every other day and make sure that I was moisturizing with my DIY body butter. This is a great example where listening to your body is very important!

6. Add in essential oils and mix with a spoon or spatula and pour it into a glass jar.

7. Let it sit to allow it to harden a little and store it in your cabinet for easy access!

And that's it! Super simple! This is full of good ingredients and none of that yucky stuff found in conventional deodorants. Try it! I promise you won't miss your Lady Speed Stick!

Share your experiences below. I'd love to hear from you! :)

Comments

Popular Posts