Ditch N Switch 10 Common Products

When I first made the commitment to watch what I brought into my home, I was instantly overwhelmed. I made lists and more lists (I love lists, in case you weren't aware!) of all the products I wanted to kick to the curb and get OUT. OF. MY. HOUSE.

I think something like this blog post would have helped me a lot in those early days, which is what gave me the idea to create it!

When I started my wellness journey (TWO whole years ago!!) I bought my Premium Starter Kit that comes with 11 different essential oils. There are also some extra samples in there as well, but today, I'm mostly going to be focusing on the essential oils.

I want to give you a list of 10 different conventional products that I was able to replace with the 11 oils found in my wellness toolbox! Are you ready? Let's GOO!

#1 Face Cream

This is a HUGE one for me. I have never had clearer skin in my entire life than right now! I'm serious, it's incredible. My poor face was so overwhelmed with everything I was applying, from facial products to make-up and more.

Did you know the average woman applies over 300 different synthetic chemicals A DAY? And 80 of those are applied first thing in the morning. Between soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and beauty products our bodies are overloaded with toxins before we even leave the house.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Lavender, Frankincense, Copaiba, Northern Lights Black Spruce

#2 Digestion aids (eg. Tums + Pepto Bismol)

Both my husband (Dan) and I have always struggled with digestive issues. Whether it was something we ate that we ''shouldn't'' have or just a random thing, there was often one of us dealing with stomach pains.

We no longer struggle with these issues, and the odd time one of us has a stomach ache we know exactly what oil to turn to in order to help our body do what it's meant to do!

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Peppermint, DiGize 

#3 Headache support (eg. Ibuprofen + Advil)

I used to get regular headaches and it wasn't until recently that I realized I haven't had a headache in a really long time! And that's even with the limited amount of sleep I'm getting with having a 9-month-old!

Fragrance is a word that is found on A LOT of products on the market today and it is the word used to prevent companies from having to give up their ''trade secrets''. So we have NO clue what ''fragrance'' actually is. What we do know is it can be any combination of the 3,000 different synthetics out there. Yuck. No thanks. Not for me.

I fully believe my headaches were directly linked to the products I had in my home! The products went out the door and so did my headaches! Now that doesn't mean I never get a headache because they do still happen and when they do I have the perfect oil to help me out.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Lavender

#4 Muscle soreness (eg. Rub A535)

With Dan being a skateboarder and me being an ex-gymnast, we have a lot of aches and pains, even at our age. We used to have Rub A535 in our house or some kind of muscle relaxant to help with the soreness that arises every so often.

Now we no longer need those creams that have who-knows-what in them!

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Panaway, Copaiba

#5 Air Fresheners (eg. Febreeze)

I LOVE smelly things. I used to love synthetic smelly things. Now I like the real deal. I got rid of everything that contained fragrance and shockingly enough a lot of those products were air fresheners of some type.

I ditched candles, wax melts, plug-ins, sprays, etc. Now I add a few drops of oil in a diffuser and I have the perfect odor-eliminating, beautiful-smelling smell! If this oil can help make my husband's shoes smell good, it can do A N Y T H I NG.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Purification

#6 Deodorant

Conventional deodorant has so many yucky things in it that should NOT be applied to our skin at all, let alone daily. Fragrance and Aluminum are two common ingredients in deodorant that I 100% say NO to.

I started making my own deodorant using essential oils and it has been the best! I tried several natural deodorants with no luck. My DIY deodorant is natural, clean, and it works! It also works for Dan!

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Lavender, Purification, Frankincense

#7 Chest rub (eg. Vicks Vaporub)

Petroleum is one of the ingredients in this commonly used product (heck, I used to use it too!!) that makes me want to cringe. Now we use an easy homemade alternative with essential oils. I like to dilute them with some coconut oil and apply as a chest rub!

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: R.C., Lemon 

#8 Cold Medicine (eg. Buckleys - these used to be my jam)

Instead of reaching for over-the-counter cold medicine, I now have an entire toolbox to help support my immune system EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And when I do catch a cold, I have this beautiful blend to turn to that supports my body and helps it return to its state of equilibrium.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Thieves

#9 Cleaning (eg. Goo Gone)

Sometimes we get ourselves into sticky situations that we need help getting out of (see what I did there?!). This oil is amazing for getting rid of sticky residue and it doesn't have the added yuck found in a conventional method, such a Goo Gone.

I have used it on bandaid residue and Dan recently used it on an old hockey puck that had a lot of tape on it. It worked great in both cases! I also like to add this oil in my homemade dish soap because it helps get that grease off really well.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Lemon 

#10 Teething Support (this is for all you mamas!)

The ingredients found in baby Oragel are not something I feel comfortable using on my baby. I have opted for a natural alternative. This oil can be used on your baby's jawline to help with teething pains. I have yet to use anything other than this and Luca is 9 months and has 5 teeth now.

Wellness Toolbox Replacement: Copaiba

11 essential oils found in Premium Starter Kit

So there you have it! 10 commonly used products you can replace simply with this Wellness Toolbox! Remember, YOU are the gatekeeper to your home.

Until the end of the month (February 2020) get this amazing Toolbox for 15% off! The biggest sale I've ever seen! Also, comes with a high-quality diffuser, 2 packets of Ningxia Red (antioxidant immune system support drink), and a bottle of Thieves Hand Purifier!

Have any questions? Comment below, DM me on Instagram or send me an email. I'd love to help YOU get started on your wellness journey today! Happy oiling, friends!

Comments

Popular Posts